in

Cross Browser Testing and What it Means for Businesses

Browsers are the gatekeepers of the internet. They are the first and last thing we see on most websites. And yet, for all their importance, browsers have long been an afterthought for businesses. That is starting to change as cross browser testing becomes more and more important.

What is Cross Browser Testing?

Cross browser testing is the process of testing how a website or web application looks and functions on different browsers. This can be a challenge because each browser interprets code differently. What may look great in one browser can be a disaster in another. That is why cross browser testing is so important. It allows businesses to see how their websites will look and function on the most popular browsers.

Why is Cross Browser Testing Important?

There are a few reasons why cross browser testing is so important for businesses. The first is that it allows businesses to reach more customers. According to StatCounter, Google Chrome is the most popular browser in the world with a 54% market share. But that doesn’t mean that the other 46% of internet users are using Chrome. There are several popular browsers with significant market share, including Safari, Firefox, and Edge. By cross browser testing, businesses can make sure that their website looks and functions great for all these different browsers.

Another reason why cross browser testing is so important is that it helps businesses avoid compatibility issues. Compatibility issues are those pesky problems that arise when a website looks or works differently in different browsers. They can range from small visual differences to major functionality issues. Compatibility issues can be a big problem for businesses because they can turn away potential customers. No one wants to use a website that doesn’t work properly. By cross browser testing, businesses can avoid these compatibility issues and make sure that their website looks and works the same in all browsers.

The last reason why cross browser testing is so important is that it helps businesses stay up-to-date with the latest browser changes. Browsers are constantly being updated with new features and security updates. But these updates can sometimes break websites. By cross browser testing, businesses can make sure that their website still works after these updates.

How to Do Cross Browser Testing

There are a few different ways to do cross browser testing.

The first is to use a cross browser testing tool. These tools allow you to test your website or web application on different browsers without actually having to install them. This can be a great way to save time and money.

The second way to do cross browser testing is to use virtual machines. Virtual machines allow you to run different browsers on your computer without actually installing them. This can be a great way to test websites or web applications on different browsers without having to worry about compatibility issues.

The last way to do cross browser testing is to use real devices. This is the most accurate way to test how a website or web application will look and function on different browsers. But it can also be the most expensive and time-consuming option.

There are a whole host of reasons to cross browser test as a business. It is about making sure that what you see in your browser as a business is also what your customers see when they are trying to open up emails, view websites, click links, and buy products from you. This process should be made as easy as possible to navigate if you want to attract business and keep existing customers as loyal followers and supporters.

No matter which method you choose, cross browser testing is an important part of making sure that your website or web application looks and works great for all users. Nobody wants to waste time waiting for something to happen when navigating from one section to the next. If we value sales, then we will see the value in cross browser testing.

Written by Jayden Woods

Jayden is a guest post editor and part time contributor at Life Hack Solution. For guest post queries, reach out to info@lifehack-solution.com.