Have you ever struggle to sleep no matter how tired you are? Or maybe wake up in the middle of the night and unable to sleep back? If so, you’re in good company, we’re going to list down 7 tricks to fall asleep easier
We all know how important the sleep quality for human. It affects your productivity, brain functions, balance your hormone, and etc.
One of the most common sleep hack is the sleeping pill, but they come with the unwanted side effects. Even worse, it has potential lead to misuse and addiction.
You can either try the tricks below or get our best sleep gadget recommendation that are proven to help people sleep!
1. Get a Warm Shower
When you’re unable to sleep, try get a quick warm shower which is known well as the sleep remedy. The warm water can help your body to relax and makes your body temperature to drop, which can stimulate better sleep.
Please be noted that we recommend you to use WARM water instead of cold water to prevent all those side effects of showering at the middle of the night. A study found that there is no actual danger for health if you’re using warm water when shower at midnight.
2. Avoid Any Device Screen
Avoid any contact with your device. The reason is: The light screen at bedtime is affecting the melatonin production which gives your body impression that you are not ready for sleep. The device screen light also emits light that suggesting your brain that it still daytime which leads to insomnia.
Instead, do some relaxing activities that intend to calm your overactive mind such as reading book. Read it until you feel sleepy.
3. Prepare The Cozy Situation
The next step is make your situation as cozy as possible. Make your bedroom dark, cool, and quiet. Find the right temperature that suits you. Don’t set too hot or too cold temperature.
You can also set a dim lamp if you’re more comfortable with it.
4. Get Yourself Tea With Honey
If you finding it hard to fall asleep, get yourself a warm cup of a tea. Add honey inside because it contains a sleep inducing amino acid called tryptophan which is used in helping patients minimize their insomnia.
5. Do The 4-7-8 Breathing Exercise
- Breathe in through your nose for 4 seconds.
- Hold your breath for 7 seconds.
- Slowly breathe out through your mouth for 8 seconds.
- Repeat this process until you fall asleep.
This method has been proven to help people fall asleep easily and has been endorsed by yoga and meditation teachers.
6. Hypnotize Yourself Into Deep Relaxation
This method is used by the US Army to help them get some sleep during their situation in the battlefield. They need to ensure their soldiers have enough sleep to avoid any mistake.
- Relax all the muscles in your face, including tongue, jaw and the muscles around the eyes
- Drop your shoulders as far down as they’ll go, followed by your upper and lower arm, one side at a time
- Breathe out, relaxing your chest followed by your legs, starting from the thighs and working down
- Spend 10 seconds trying to clear your mind before thinking about one of the three following images:
- You’re lying in a canoe on a calm lake with nothing but a clear blue sky above you
- You’re lying in a black velvet hammock in a pitch-black room
- You say ‘don’t think, don’t think, don’t think’ to yourself over and over for about 10 seconds.
7. Roll Your Eyes Backward
Close your eyes and start to roll your eyes backward until you feel sleepy. Rolling eyes actually help to produce melatonin which make you sleep easier.
If you do this three times you will automatically feel yourself going into a deeper relaxation.
8. Eat Some Cherries
Cherries contains melatonin, a hormone that helps regulate our sleep pattern.
“Researchers found drinking cherry juice 30 minutes after waking and 30 minutes before the evening meal boosted sleep by 84 minutes and improved sleep quality in people with insomnia.”
9. Use This Headphone Sleep Mask
This multifunction 2 in 1 device allows you to wear the sleeping mask and listen music without using any earplug. The mask designed with very soft material and two layer which is really comfortable and help people to sleep.
This product are proven to be the best gadget that makes people fall asleep easier.
Aromatherapy shouldn’t be overlooked when trying to sleep better. Placing an essential oil diffuser in your bedroom is a great solution for sinus congestion, insomnia, or stress. We like the lavender scent because it relaxes the body and calms the mind. Using it 30 minutes before bed may help you drift off faster.